Another lockdown is here with severe restrictions on our daily life.
The Government says we have to stay at home and only leave for essential reasons.
All activities and exercises are limited to in-home and local area walks.
Active in Redbourn (AIR) supports the community during the lockdown with these initiatives:
1. Stay-at-home exercises: published in the brochure delivered to every Redbourn home in April.
2. Local Walks: Our web-site is packed with the best Redbourn walks. Look out for the very special Redbourn Heritage Walks.
3. Live Well with AiR: With local community partners, we have produced a series of videos covering many aspects of health and wellbeing.
For easy access, we have now integrated these into our website pages. Just click on the links below to access helpful information and scroll down to the Youtube class that interests you.
a. Low-impact activities, e.g. pilates, yoga, supple strength
b. Supporting your immune system, including with laughter
c. Discover how to use breathing and sleep to improve mental health and wellbeing
d. Movement and Fun
e. Reducing Anxiety and Fear
f. Visualising Success
g. Nutrition, vitamins and herbs for a healthy body
h. Safe Cycling
i. Running, now includes warm-ups and starting to run at over 70
P.S. You will also find a short Overview of what each class covered.
4. Redbourn Community Calls Over 50 Redbourn celebrities have shared their stories every week on our popular 30-minute calls.
Join us every Wednesday at 11 am, call 0800 022 9009 (landline) or 0330 336 0036 (mobile) and enter this Pin No: 726747
All recordings from April are available on our YouTube channel.
5. STOP PRESS. Look out for:
a. Planned 1-1 “Friendly” walks every Friday, in conjunction with the Redbourn Care Group. Contact the Care group for details.
b. On-line Christmas Laughterthon, for the whole family, 19th December 6pm
For more information visit our web site, send an email or call 07770 863864
Be Fitter Healthier and Happier with Active in Redbourn